At SEABA, the safety of our guests and staff is our highest priority and we make every effort to minimize the risks inherent to heli skiing in Alaska.
Our commitment to safety extends beyond our days in the mountains. Our guides work hard to continually increase their knowlege and skill level in the off-season by guiding in other parts of the world and maintaining or increasing industry certifications. Our guides come from a variety of professional backgrounds, but all of them aspire to be the best at what they do.
- SEABA guides are dedicated to safety first and recognizing situational and environmental factors that lead to potential accidents
- SEABA guides hold clinics together in the off season to keep their skills sharp and up to date with industry protocol and procedures
- SEABA guides meet US HELI guide status, most are AMGA certified and international guides are IFMGA certified
- SEABA senior guides must have a minimum of 5 years heli ski guiding in Alaska and Level 3 Avalanche credential
At SEABA, we know that equiptment is nearly as important as your knowledge of the backcountry. We require the following safety equipment and outfit our clients as part of their all inclusive experience.
- ABS, BCA, or equivalent avalanche floatation backpack
- BCA Tracker 2 or 3 beacon
- Shovel and probe
- Harnesses for crevasse rescue
- Fat skis for improved flotation
- Radios for communication between guides and other groups
Avalanche & Helicopter Safety Training
We take our safety training very serious. Whether you have been skiing with us for 10 year, are a top big mountain athlete, or a mountain guide yourself, we require that you complete our avalanche and safety training prior to going into the mountains with us.
Down Day Workshops
We can always be learning, especially from eachother. On down days, we invite clients and athletes to participate in continued backcountry skills training. We organize free workshops regarding snow safety, avalanche rescue, crevasse rescue and more. If there are skills you strive to hone, we are here to help!